Open Grid Systems Ltd provides software and services to the electrical power industry. We have grown steadily since our founding 2010, and are looking to grow our team to support the development and delivery of our industry-leading software.
To apply for any of the vacancies listed below, email us at email@example.com, attaching a CV and reference to the position you are interested in.
Solutions EngineerRef: [REC-2023-SE]
Open Grid Systems is seeking ambitious and enthusiastic candidates to support our industry-leading software solutions and our growing list of clients implementing projects around the globe. We would like to add two Solutions Engineers to the team and welcome applications from both early career and experienced candidates.
You will join a highly experienced team of software and electrical engineers based in the city centre of Glasgow and will contribute by engaging with our customers and partners to understand their requirements and integration needs, before proposing and building out solutions to solve their challenges. This opportunity gives you the chance to work with clients, predominantly in the UK and USA, throughout the whole project lifecycle to from bidding through to delivery, training and post-rollout support.
Depending on experience your typical day may include
- Discussing project needs and solutions with potential clients
- Working closely with customers on design, implementation, testing and rollout
- Liaising with the Head of Product and Solutions Architect to ensure timely delivery of features and, if applicable, hosted systems for projects
- Developing useful support resources to allow customers to self-serve
- Supporting bids and commercial activity to further grow the business
You must have
- A passion for technology and problem solving
- The discipline and attention to detail to deliver quality work
- Experience of the design and operation of complex software systems
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and power systems
Place of work
Normal place of work would be Open Grid Systems’ main office on Bothwell Street in Glasgow city centre. There is support for flexible, hybrid working after the successful completion of a 3 month probation period. All staff working with customer data, which this role would entail, must undergo pre-employment and regular background checks.